Solomon’s Temple Complex, Chawlhhmun, Aizawl, Mizoram, India. The majestic Temple constructed by Kohhran Thianghlim (The Holy Church), a non-denominational church established by the Holy spirit through Dr. L.B. Sailo in the year 1984. Almost half the work is being completed. It is the only church/Temple in Mizoram with Marble structure. Good quality Marble was imported. Almost all the finance comes from donation made by the church members.
THE STRUCTURE OF SOLOMON’S TEMPLE
1. Area of the Temple building : 55m × 55m = 3025 Sq.m.
2. Architectural plan : Dr. L. B. Sailo
3. Estimate : 3 Million U.S. Dollars
4. Date of laying foundation stone : 25.12.1996
5. Duration of Construction : 20 years
6. There will be 4 pillars. Each pillar will carry 7 David’s stars indicating the 7 Angels of the 7 Churches in the Revelation.
7. There will be 4 towers. Each tower will carry a crown. The four crowns indicate the Crown of Salvation, the Crown of Righteousness, the Crown of Life and the Crown of Overcomer.
8. There will be 4 fronts. In each front there will be 3 doors comprising 12 main doors as we see in the Revelation.
9. There is two intersecting horizontal ridges crossing the middle of the pitch roof, so that from above in the air, the ridges form a cross representing the new covenant.
10. There will be no partition walls inside, for our Lord by his death, had rented the veil of the temple from top to bottom and the new elects are all royal priests. (Matt. 27:51; I Pet 2:9)
11. Main objective : A symbol of love of elects to Jesus of Nazareth where all the spiritual thirst of all races of mankind will worship Him.
Temple Complex : Within its compound, the temple complex have natural park covered by various forest trees to shade and the fruits for birds and squirrels of different kinds meant for their sanctuary. There will be standard restaurant on a hill-for visitors to rest awhile. The complex will house educational institution, social service centre such as to care for destitute with de-addiction Centre and polyclinic hospital as well.
Estimate : The estimated cost of the Temple is approximately two million dollars and the attached institutional buildings will cost about one million dollars, from the site preparation to the finishing touch with furnishing. The cost is revisable according to inflationary trends.
Finance : Most of the financial needs are contributed by the church members. Donation was also collected worldwide, but the input received from this was not very significant. Visitors from time to time, donated considerable amount of money to the Temple authority, which is worthy of appreciation. However, there is no compulsory collections/entry fee/charge to the visitors.
Progress : Nearly half of the construction work is being completed and work is still in progress. In spite of this, the Temple has become one of the major tourist attraction/destination in the state of Mizoram. Foreigners and even the local people often visited the place and the Temple site is worth to pay a visit. The place is so quite, calm and peaceful. It is surrounded by evergreen forest and is considered as one of the most beautiful building/church in the whole region.
Nearby cities: Aizawl, Lunglei, Khagrachari District Town